Monday, April 20, 2009

Summer Blouse


I finished my second blouse for the Spring Top Week Sewalong. This is the Summer Blouse from Weekend Sewing, but I changed it so much that it doesn't really look like the original at all! I am really pleased with the overall shape and fit of this shirt. I really like the fabric too, but I am starting to wonder if it doesn't look a little Hawaiian shirtish. Maybe I should have used a simpler pattern- a solid or stripe. What do you think?

So on to the modifications! I started off wanting to make something similar to the Film in the Fridge version. I had the sleeves all cut out and everything, but it gets so hot and humid here in the summer that I just decided to chop them some more. I like the sleeves. The v-neck was a little bit harder because I had to refashion the placket completely, but it wasn't that hard. I am just lazy. ;0p I also added two inches to the length and think it is a much better length. I traced the medium but past the bust darts I cut off about 1/2" on each side and made it less of a bell shape.

Overall, I am really pleased, and I am tempted to make it again in a simpler fabric. A nice white linen? There are so many things on the to do list though. Maybe later in the summer. I am about to start on my Lotus Cami next. Then I am done with shirts...



Don't forget to enter the giveaway! It ends tomorrow at noon! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great.
    I'm itching to start on my Summer Blouse from Weekend sewing but want to wait until the baby is born so I can try it on and adjust it properly!!
    Love what you have done with it though. Will save this post to refer to in a few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love it with the short sleeves, and I think your fabric is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version! I already made two myself but I think I have to make another one without the sleeves and a v-neck just like yours, it's beautiful and not too hawaiish at all!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...