Monday, July 20, 2009

A Dress and a Quilt Top


I am behind on the ol' blog! I made this Flower Girl dress from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing for Juliana to wear to the rehearsal dinner for the wedding she was a part of. It was super simple and should have been quick to make, but I was making it at midnight and was distracted and tired and this simple dress needed to be ripped out about six times. Ridiculous. Definitely don't sew past midnight. I used Tanya Whelan Darla for this one. I love Darla. I just bought a bunch of it to make some quilts for the girls' room. It just speaks little girl to me. I also added some eyelet at the waist to dress it up a bit (and hide my mistakes. ;0p)

Here is the back. (Felicity wanted in on this one too.)


Just because. ..
She is just too darn cute. (She is wearing the Claire Dress by Portabello Pixie that my mom made her.)


I also finished my quilt top for Amanda Jean's quilt-a-long. Wahoo! I love it. I am so proud of it. I used all scraps for this, and it didn' even make a dent. Horrible! I tried to use only bright and fresh colors for it. I had a couple of browns in there, and it just didn't look right. I only made 42 blocks. I am going more for a lap size quilt here. I was so excited by this that I didn't even iron it before taking a picture.

7 comments:

  1. The dress is adorable!!! And I am loving your quilt top! I am trying to get up the courage (and find the time) to start my first quilt! Pictures like this certainly inspire me to start!!! (Oh, and your girls are quite lovely too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green dress is darling and your models are just too cute for words, esp your new model, F.
    The quilt is just beyond words - beautiful!!
    I don't know how you do it all! - G.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Darla too! I don't have any of it yet, but sometimes I look it up online just to look at it. I have twin girls and am thinking about making Darla quilts for them as well. I love the dress and the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dresses are really cute and that quilt is wonderful! My compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your nine patch!! i've got 46 blocks done and 24 to go till 70!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable. The Claire will be my next project! LOVE It.
    Must add the quilt is great. My kind of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute are your girls?!!! I've been reading your blog for a while now and just love it - soo cute dresses too - your girls look wonderful in them!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...