Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting Ready


I have been trying to get ready for this new babe. One of my husband's co-workers gave us a glider they no longer needed. It was in great shape but needed some updating from it's faded denim look. I always forget to take before pictures of things! Anyway, I found this Anna Maria Drawing Room fabric for a song a couple of months ago, and I have always loved the couch she has in this fabric. I have never recovered anything, and I was kind of dreading it. It really wasn't bad though. I just took my seam ripper and made the pattern pieces using the old covers. The hardest part were the arms. The original ones were connected with huge snaps. I couldn't find snaps big enough, so I just bought some upholstery tacks and reattached them that way. These pieces were also more difficult because they are curved and had lots of little pleats.

For the pillow I just made a simple slip cover out of some Denyse Schmidt Country Fair that I had on hand. I was looking in my stash for this pillow and was so surprised to see how well the colors matched. The gold and teal in the little flowers are the same exact color.



I also made some little burp clothes for the little fellow. These were super easy. Just some strips of fabric added to some cloth diapers. Definitely, my kind of project. :0)



These fabrics are going to be the baby's crib quilt. I found these cute little sheets at Target, and I wanted something to coordinate. I used the color grid on Hawthorne Threads to help me pick out fabrics that would work and added a couple from my stash. The plan is to make a quilt using Oh Fransson's Canasta Quilts pattern. I am waiting for a couple of solids to get here before starting, but I am so excited for this little quilt!

1 comment:

  1. CUTE!! the glider looks great and the quilt is going to look fun with those sheets. i have 7 weeks left and i can't seem to get motivated to finish all of the fun things i want to make for this little one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...