Monday, June 21, 2010

French General Love


I made this table runner for our coffee table to protect it! The girls love to play, eat, draw, sit, you name it on this table. It is only a few months old but is already well dinged. I have always loved French General's Rouenneries line of fabric, but I wasn't sold on Rural Jardin when it came out until my mom showed me some prints that she bought. I was sold and bought a couple of charm packs to make this runner. Easy peasy. I tried to make it niiiiicccee and big to cover most of the table. I tried practicing my stippling. I have only stippled on little practice blocks, so this was my first "real" project.

This is the back, and you can see the quilting a little better. Now don't look too close please! I think I was starting to get the hang of it. It really was rather fun thanks to the new machine! I haven't washed it yet, and I am kind of scared too since I forgot to prewash the linen that I used for the back. Woops! I am sure juice will be promptly spilled upon it. ;0)

In other news I have extended the summer sale in the shop until Friday! Head on over for 20% off!

I also have been doing some fabric reorganizing and have some fabrics up in Flickr that are up for swap!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...