Wednesday, May 11, 2011

KCWC: Tunics!


Have you joined in on Kid's Clothes Week Challenge over at Elsie Marley?  I have participated the last couple of times, and it is always so much fun to see what everyone is creating.  So many talented people out there!  

I cut a couple of t-shirt tunics for the girls on Monday and sewed them together yesterday.  Remember this rainbow fabric?  My girls have been stroking this fabric ever since they saw it.  I used this tutorial for their tunics.  


I made Juliana's first yesterday and tried to sneakily have her try it on to make sure it was going to work, but Felicity caught us and let out the most pathetic wail of despair.  She has been begging for a rainbow outfit and to see big sister trying something rainbowy on was just too much to bear.  So, I stayed up late in order to finish hers up as well and lay it by her bed for her to see first thing in the morning.  My husband said he caught her in the morning in her underwear trying to put it on as soon as she got up.  I love sewing for my kids.  


I appliqued some little hearts to the top of shirts to add a little pizazz as they were looking a little plain on top.  These were so easy to whip up that I am dying to head over to Goodwill and find some cheap t-shirts and make some dresses too.  I have had this tutorial bookmarked for a long time!




The girls got into a bit of a silly face challenge at the end of our "photo shoot".  

9 comments:

  1. Seriously Meg! Look at those "excited to show it off faces" They look so cute and the girls look happy. This is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very clever Meg they look great,well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Umm...can you make me one? Just like this? lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both adorable! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything...the sweet little girls and the terrific projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kid's clothes? How about I want to make that for myself now... hahaha. Those are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's just adorable, especially your littlest one! It must be an absolute pleasure to sew for such a cutie-patootie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still digging the 80s vibe from that fabric :) The girls look adorable. These tunics are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...