Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finish It Up- Two Weeks In!


I finished my Modern Meadow quilt top!  Yay!  I have been planning this quilt for two years ever since I saw this beautiful quilt here.  This is the Turning Twenty pattern (although I used thirty fat quarters for mine to make a queen size).


I originally wanted to use Good Folks just like the quilt I was inspired by, but I decided it just was too bright for my bedroom.  I received the entire Modern Meadow collection for my birthday last year from my wonderful family, and I knew that it was the perfect fabric.


Now over a whole year later the top is done, and I love it!  It is so big it was hard to get a good picture of it! I am thinking of getting this one long arm quilted by my friend, Lynn.  It is just so huge and the thought of quilting this beast makes me groan a bit.  However, maybe if I quilted it lattice style?  Still debating!


Right now I will just rejoice in its completion!

I can not believe the second week of the challenge is already over!  I have a feeling this summer is going to go by way too fast.  I finished my maxi dress as well last weekend, but I have to say that it was a bit of a fail.  The neckline is just soooo low.  I could probably go back and fix it, but I think I am just going to use it as a swim suit cover up and call it good for now.  

So here is how my list is looking!

1. Ruffle Clutch- Finished!
2. Inset Clutch
3. Coaster Set
4. Maxi Dress- Finished!
5. Sienna Dress
6. Swoon Mini Quilt- Finished!
7. Modern Meadow Quilt- Quilt Top Done!
8. 9 Patch Quilt
9. Pinwheel Blocks
10. Fussy Cut Bee Blocks
11. PJ Bottoms
12. Men's Shirt

I think I am going to try and finish up my nine patch quilt this week and maybe the other clutch on my list depending on my motivation!

So how was your second week?  Make good progress?  I can already feel my motivation lagging a bit, but when I finish something off and cross it off the list it feels so good!

7 comments:

  1. Nice use of large-scale prints. You are sure to enjoy this quilt for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. It's perfect for these fabrics. I'm such a fan of Modern Meadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I squeezed in a new little project, I'm still making good progress on my list!
    Your Modern Meadow quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finish it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks GREAT! Can't wait to see it in person. Wonderfully modern prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is beautiful! And the colors totally match my living room LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quilt! Doesn't look overpowering even though it is large. I hope my queen size turns out as nicely balanced.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...