Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Birthday


Someone special had their sixth birthday this week, and it has been quite a busy week.  She has been telling anyone and everyone that she is now six, waiting for the appropriate ooohhhs and aaaahhhs.  I made her a rainbow cake, but don't examine closely.  Cake making is definitely not my specialty.  I also made her the cute little jumper dress made out of Sarah Jane's adorable new line.  I didn't get any good photos of it, so I will try to come back later this week with some better pictures.



A couple of days later was the big birthday bash with friends.  Seventeen little girls came dressed up in the in their finest wear to partake in a tea party.  It was crazy, but they had so much fun!  This was the best picture I got of this event.  Clearly, I can not host and take pictures at the same time. ;0)


My sewing has been much slower of late. but I did join in on the latest round of the Pillow Talk Swap.  I have a fun partner who seems to like color.  I finally decided on a direction! Scrappy and X's.

Hope you are all enjoying the start of fall!  It is actually not in the 90s or 100s today!  Yay!




5 comments:

  1. You are a brave and cook mom to host 17 girlies! You need to solicit a photographer. I always pass the camera to my sister and promise to return the favor when she has kids ;). Love the scrappy and colorful start of your pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL there goes my dumb iPhone again! You are a COOL mom (as opposed to a cook one, haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog - so fun and colorful. And happy 6th birthday to your sweetie girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dress up tea party sounds like a lot of fun! I miss having littles in the house.

    The scrappy X's are going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday miss 6,so grownup now ,you did well Meg,have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...