Tuesday, April 24, 2012

-birthdays-

Last week was a big birthday week in our house.  I turned...30!  I got a new lens for my DSLR for my birthday.  So there was a lot of playing around and trying it out.


Juliana and Samantha


Why is he on the counter?

Wait...why is he on the counter?


Felicity


Samantha

Isn't she just so sweet?  We are all pretty crazy about this little baby girl.


Josiah


Then a few days after my birthday our little man turned 2!  He was all about it.  He still doesn't talk a whole lot, but the one thing he can do is sing the "Happy Birthday" song.  


Blowing so hard!


He was trying sooo hard to blow out those candles, but blowing is trickier than you might think. ;0)  His birthday was full of Thomas the Tank.  The kid was decked in Thomas clothes and played with Thomas engines only to be interspersed with us reading him Thomas books.


Carefully removing his candles


Carefully, taking off his candles.

I am getting the itch to get a new routine going.  I am trying to go to bed early so I can wake up and not feel like zombie mommy.  One thing about nursing is that I am getting to read a whole lot more.  I have been reading The Simple Mom books and have been inspired to make things happen instead of just letting things happen.  My life is really busy right now, but I still want to find time to exercise,sew, blog and well, have fun!  If you haven't read her blog before, check it out! 






5 comments:

  1. My goodness, you are only 30? Happy birthday! I feel like I always got my best ideas while nursing...it gives you a lot of time to mull life over doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share Amy's amazement that you are only just turning 30 now. Happy birthday!! Enjoy your quiet nursing time - it's what I miss very most about having little ones. And happy birthday to Josiah as well!! Your family is just lovely. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me happy. Beautiful photos, Meg! I'm curious about the books you're reading. I'll have to look into them. 30 is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful family! Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...