Friday, June 22, 2012

-pillow talk swap 8-

Double Dresden Pillow

I finished my pillow!  I have to say that I really enjoyed making this.  I felt I had a vision for how this pillow was going to turn out, but sometimes my visions are flops.  I kept fretting over the background and whether I should put the dresden off center or not.  I am pleased with the overall effect though, and I have high hopes my partner will like this.

Back of Dresden Pillow

For the back of the pillow I used a coordinating print to the background of the front and made a simple envelope closure.

Pillow Talk Swap 8

I kept the quilting on this pillow simple with random diagonal lines.  It already felt busy, and I didn't want to add more "busy-ness". ;0)  The pillow is 20" x 20".

Aren't you going to take a picture of me?!

Of course, as I was taking pictures, Josiah thought I wanted to take pictures of him.

How could I resist this face?!

Really, how I could I not?  Cutest little face ever.







10 comments:

  1. I love this! Do you know the name of that background print? And your little guy is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pillow...and what a cutie your little man is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one GORGEOUS pillow. I so love everything about it! Great job, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pillow. I think putting the Dresden off center was a great idea. Love the fabrics you used. Yes, that is the cutest little face ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pillow! And very cute face ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pillow!! I love your little tag on the back! Did you order those somewhere or make them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your design! And the colors remind me of fall, my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cushion! The background is perfect and I applaud you for having the courage to put your plate off center......I don't think it would have made such an impact if it had been centered. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pillow and your little boy is super sweet! I like it a little off center. ;0)
    Rebeccamaedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...