Wednesday, September 5, 2012

-rainbows and more-

iPhone Case

So, I am trying to finish off some of my unfinished small projects because I just ordered some pretty yarn, but before I use it I told myself I would finish all those pesky small things I still have lying around. Why is it so much fun to start a new project even when you have so many others just waiting to be finished?  This iPhone case was the first thing cross stitched off the list! ;0)  Rainbow chevrons! Fun and bright!  I bought this one from Amazon.  It isn't the greatest quality but it looks cute on!  One thing to be aware of though is that the grid is rather large so if you want to do a more intricate pattern I would probably choose a case like this.


Little Dresses for Africa


We started back to school a couple of weeks ago.  Our year is going well so far.  I really put a lot of thought and effort into our curriculum this year because I learned a lot from last year and got a better idea of exactly where Juliana struggles and what she is interested in.  I also keep it simple.  Learning is supposed to be fun, and it is clear to me that at this age that the most important thing is for the kids to  love to learn.  Our resource teacher at the charter school tested Juliana on what she should know by the end of the year,  and she did awesome.  In fact, she did more than awesome.  *whew*  I am not a failure. ;0)  I keep seeing all these first day of school pictures, and I admit I didn't get one of the girls.  Their hair was messy, and their outfits were mismatched.   We had a great first day though!  One of the things we are learning about are the Works of Mercy.  Juliana and I were thinking of ways for her to help clothe the naked and came up with the idea for her to sew a dress for a little girl who needs one.  She loved sewing it and did most of the work except the binding.  We will be sending this little pillow case dress off to Little Dresses for Africa.


First Soccer Game

Soccer season has also started up again!

Team Cheer

Juliana came up with the name for her team "Star Girls", and the girls all voted for hers.  She originally came up with the "Green Jelly Beans", which I think we were secretly disappointed didn't get picked. ;0)

Soccer



2 comments:

  1. I love it! I am making my daily schedule and we are picking up our curriculum from our resource teacher tomorrow. I am so excited to begin the homeschool journey. So happy to see you're doing well. I miss you and your little ones so much! We'll be down there (hopefully) for two full days the 25/26 as we pass through on our way to a wedding. Maybe we can try for a brief meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet that you and Juliana made the dress for someone else together! I'm sure it will be loved.
    We've jumped back into everything this week too... including soccer! :) ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...