Wednesday, September 12, 2012

-smashing-


Something I started this summer was a Smash book!  I admit that I am terrible about documenting things about our family.  I was first introduced to the Smash book idea through Gwen when she was giving one away for her birthday.  I totally fell in love with the idea of just writing and pasting all the little bits of our life.


So, I bought the pink one to use for the family. I am doing it Project Life-ish style.- except monthly instead of weekly.  There is no way I could keep up if I tried to do it weekly!  I add little thoughts about the kids and all the things we have done throughout the month.  It is fun to have a place to write down all the funny things they say and a place to paste the sweet little things they are always drawing and making.


I like to use PicMonkey for the pictures.  I upload pictures from my iPhone and camera and make little collages. You can either keep them as one or cut them out for little Polaroid style pictures.  It makes it much easier to fit everything in, and then I don't have to print tons of pictures.  I have been having so much fun with this one for our family I also bought one for me to use more as personal journal for me.  I went with the orange one since it was a little simpler in style and had more pages for writing.


In an effort to get my act together even more in the photo department I also made Felicity and Josiah's baby books using Shutterfly.  It was so easy!  Besides uploading the pictures it didn't take much effort to put them together.  I am definitely going this route again for Samantha.  I also love how flat they are in comparison to how bulky regular photo albums can be.


From Josiah's...


From Felicity's...  

Now I don't have to feel guilty about the kids only being able to pull out Juliana's baby book to admire and ooohh over!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like Smash booking, Meg! I love how you are using yours for your family. I think I need to get another one and do the same thing. Oh, and now I don't feel so bad that my oldest has a baby book & my 2.5 year old doesn't yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much for introducing me to them! So much fun! xo, Meg

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...