Thursday, December 12, 2013

Yarn Along



And So Are You

I am joining in on Ginny's Yarn Along.  It was actually seeing all of her beautiful knitting that finally clinched it for me that I needed to learn.  I love all the lovely things she makes for her kids especially.  Now if only I didn't live in sunny California where winter is definitely the shortest season.

Right now I am working on a shawl that I hope to gift this Christmas.  Hope is the key word.  This pattern is And So Are You.  It is an easy pattern to memorize, but I have gotten to point in the shawl where every row seems so very, very long.  Why should that matter?  I don't know, but it does.  I guess I really do have the attention span of a gnat sometimes.  I am using Knit Picks Capretta yarn in Platinum.  It is a soft, barely gray color that I really like.  I love all things gray though.  I would probably choose some sort of gray or blue for all my projects if I could.  

Currently, the only thing I am consistently reading is this book for Advent, "Come, Lord Jesus". I found this book via Jessica's blog, and I am so glad that I did.  I was really looking for something inspiring for this Advent season, and this definitely hits the mark.  Her writing is uplifting and yet spurs you on to love a little more and try a little harder.

"Let these precious hours of Advent be given to wonder.  When we feel depressed by our faults, let us wonder that God can forgive us so much: let us be filled with wonder and praise that God goes on believing in us, hoping in us, and trusting that we will somehow yet realize his dream of us."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! I try to reply to most comments via e-mail, so make sure to add your e-mail address if it isn't linked up (especially if you have a question!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...